- Of course there is always saline solutions for helping with the stuffy nose, but here's one that helps relieve congestion and will feel good on a scratchy throat: Peppermint tea. Peppermint does wonders to help loosen up congestion and should help you breathe more easily.
- Make your own chest rub. Add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to some coconut oil and rub it on. It will be similar to a home version of Vicks.
- While you're at it, take a nice hot bath with some eucalyptus oil in it.
- Gargle salt water. Tastes gross but it helps.
- Honey and Lemon Juice. I learned this one from a friend. I had a really sore throat and lost my voice. He mixed some of this up for me. It should be on the thick side. Eat a spoonful every 30 minutes or so. The honey will coat your throat and the acid in the lemon supposedly will help kill the yucky stuff there and help you feel better. I'm sure there's some sort of scientific explanation, but it worked. My voice came back a few hours later.
I am sure there are a ton more natural remedies out there. If you have a great one, feel free to share! I am always looking for new ones!